Saturday, March 04, 2017

better late than never, right?

good thing February was a short month! I don't have much in the way of teal/sea green scraps, so I was able to get all my piecing done in short order... and with a bit of the month left over, combined with a "late" announcement of the March color, I got caught up on my Rainbow Column- Along from 2016!


over on instagram, I've started making a month marker. (who knew that was a thing.... I'm always late to parties like that...)


2 more rows done this month for my RSC16 Column-Along- the red and teal. I'm using coal for the back ground, and all scrappy colors of the month for piecing. the Kona reds are: wine, lipstick, red, burgundy, brink, Chinese red, tomato and a mystery red. the aqua Konas are teal blue, candy apple green, turquoise, cyan, breakers, peacock and Caribbean.


above is a picture of the blocks at the point where I got stuck last year. so with 6 rows completed now, I think I'm over half done! only yellow, green and a variation of the grey row to go! it's fun to see these completed quilts/flimsys show up in the linky parties every once in a while. soon i'll be able to add mine!
 

5 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

Nice progress on your RSC16 Column Quilt!!

a good yarn said...

That darker background works really well. It's going to be a terrific quilt.

Nell's Quilts said...

I;m so glad I'm not the only one not finished the 2016 challenge. Just one more column to make and then plan out a setting.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I loved seeing a peek of your columns for the 2016 quilt! The 16 patches with one bright square are so fun!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Good color combinations!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin