Thursday, February 09, 2017

one square at a time...

there are a few colors that I would consider to be woefully lacking in my stash- sea green is one of them...
 
but if (as Angela suggested) we expand that palette to include the scraps that play well with neither blue nor green, we all seem to have more than we thought! a plethora of delightful hues and colors have appeared right before our eyes!


what is it about those low volume squares? don't know... but they're fun to work with. above a 5X5 layout with a LV plus in the middle. (those + are pretty popular and fun, too!)


4 more 16 patches have joined their purple sisters from last month.

be sure to go see what everyone else has been working on- I promise it will be an inspiring click!

7 comments:

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

They look great! The colors play so well together!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I really like how you're making the 16 patches alternating with either low volume in the middle or around the outside. Neat idea!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Both of your projects are turning out well. I can't decide which I like best... may need to try some of each!!

Edith said...

Nice blocks, and you did a good job finding those blue/green fabrics.

Pamela Arbour said...

Well, you really did figure out how to make less become more. Your blocks are really nice.

pearbour@gmail.com
I am leaving my email address because it has been pointed out to me that I am a "no reply" blogger. I am not too good at this blog thing, but I will change that as soon as I figure out how to do it!

Nell's Quilts said...

Always amazing what we find when we dig deep.

Rachel said...

Those between colors can be hard to define! You picked some really nice fabrics!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin