Saturday, February 04, 2017

good thing it's a short month....

look at me all tech savvy- I made a "month marker" for instagram... woohoo! (I had no idea I even knew how to make one of these little gadgets... but it wasn't really that hard, and only took about 20 min. yay me!) feel free to grab the picture if you want to use it, too. and you can follow me on instagram as jlcap69. (I worked really hard to come up with such and original and clever name. ha!

 
 
this month's color is sea green. unfortunately, I (literally ) only have one piece of fabric that is sea green: Kona's sour apple. (and maybe that can't even technically be considered sea green either....)
 


first up for me this month was making my 16 patches with the Kona Indigo. above is mint, sour apple, breakers and turquoise. I love the way these colors work together.
 
last month I was singing the praises of the Kona indigo. and can I just say again that it's a fantastic color? it really makes these simple 16 patches something special. I'm pretty sure that this completed quilt will stay at my house when it's done...


these blocks actually look terrible in the picture; i'll probably take another... the colors are plum, pickle, (a super cool green color that really looks like a pickle!) cyan and teal.


I happened to do some more work on my pinwheel quilt this week (formerly known as my zig-zag quilt) and one of the colors that I did was the teal, so I get to show them off today, too! piecing the pinwheel quilt is actually one of my UFOs for 2017 projects. (#7) January seemed like a long month, so I had a few evenings to work on stuff before the new color was called for February.
 
be sure to click back to so scrappy to see all the other wonderful  projects from this week!
 

11 comments:

scraphappy said...

Looks like you found several teal related fabrics to play with. It is all about working with what you have after all. The zig zags are looking great too.

Nell's Quilts said...

The sea green is slim pickings for me too. You've done well with what you found. The Kona solids have such fun names.

Edith said...

16 patches look great, and the teal pinwheels (zig-zags) are so cute, love the colours.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I love the 16 patches in the Kona solids! It's always fun to hear their names, especially "pickle!"

The Joyful Quilter said...

You've got some really lovely SEA GREEN scraps in your Pinwheels!! Sounds like you will have PLENTY of time to work on other projects this month... since you only have one piece leftover.

Betty C said...

I especially like how you are making the 16 patches.

PaulaB quilts said...

Wish I could do that gadget stuff the way you did. I've tried for hours and given up in frustration. Your pinwheels look good in aqua and the Kona blocks are terrific!

Angie said...

I guess I will be ordering some Kona Indigo - I love what it does to those 16 patch blocks!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

I like all your teal - I do the month markers too ;-) kinda fun!

gayle said...

You're absolutely right about that indigo - wow, it really makes those colors shine!
Those pinwheels are terrific, too. I love simple blocks with lots of motion!

Deb A said...

I have never done a month marker. Your teal blocks look great.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin