Friday, January 27, 2017

pretty purples, pleasing as punch...

I've been busy trying to get 2 new dresses sewn for my girls this week, so not as much time piecing on the purples to show for this week....
 
somewhere I saw that one of the RSC quilters was making a 5X5 block, with the low volume plus in the middle. ( I made a low volume plus quilt last year, too, and really love it...) my suitcase of 3"squares is not getting any less stuffed with colorful squares, so I decided to add this block to my RSC17 line up.


for RSC15 one of my projects was to use my 2½" strips to make a zig-zag quilt. I've since changed my mind, and plan to make a pinwheel quilt instead. (free pattern here)

 
 
I plan on piecing this quilt on-point, and making the setting triangles with some of my neutral (low volume!) 2½" strips. if there are any little parts left over, I might make a lap size zig-zag quilt after all...
 
it's been a long month, and I'm all done with my purple RSC17 sewing (is that a first, or what?!) so I'm looking forward to see what the new color is for February...
 
be sure to stop by angela's at soscrappy to see what everyone else has been sewing on this week!


10 comments:

scraphappy said...

I like the new plus blocks. The low volume blocks in the middle add nice contrast.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Both are good ways to USE your scraps. These will be so pretty . . .

Ariane said...

I love both of these blocks. I've been tempted to make your second blocks too. But I already have three RSC projects started. I shouldn't start another, if I know what's good for me. Lol!

Katie Z. said...

Oh, how funny! A few years ago I had plans to make a plethora of zigzag quits, but quickly downsized to one and used the other bits for pinwheels too!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I really like your 5 x 5 blocks! The low volume plus in the middle is really pretty surrounded by the different purples. Those will make a fun rainbow quilt!

claudia said...

The low volume pluses are a nice change. I love the zigzag blocks!

PaulaB quilts said...

A nice start to the year,with those purples. Keep up the good work!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

I like the plus blocks - and good for you for making the dresses

Pamela Arbour said...

Your blocks are looking good and it's nice to know that we can change our mind and still be able to use the same blocks isn't it? LOL

Nell's Quilts said...

The low volume plus blocks are striking. Looking forward to seeing the RSC15 finish.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin