Friday, May 20, 2016

Just enough green to keep me sane!

I promise not to start off yet another blog post by saying "it's been a very, very busy week here on the farm". *ahem*


I finally took the time (and had the energy) to begin to sort all the green squares (3") from my suitcase of squares, and even managed to get one of my RSC16 projects worked on. (and many of my greens are a dark, or dull color. I 'll have to keep that in mind the next time I'm "stash enhancing". )


I made 11 of my low-volume plus blocks. can't wait to see how this quilt comes together. plus- I had to laugh at myself- I was looking through my little quilty notebook, and I see that I had planned on making 8 plus blocks each month. somehow the number has been creeping up and up each month! I'm such an over-achiever- can't help it I guess! and this could also explain how many of my quilts turn out so large.


and here's a picture of Helga, and her little lamb, Katie. the girls and I have been having such fun with the sheeps this week- Katie is so sweet! (and Helga got a haircut, too!)

thanks for coming for a visit- click on over to Angela's blog, and see what everyone else is working on.

12 comments:

Kate said...

That's a lot of little green squares! Sometimes it's just so hard to stop making blocks, especially if you have fun fabrics to play with.

Quilter Kathy said...

You are doing a great job with the green scraps!
Katie is adorable :)

The Joyful Quilter said...

I am in love with your Plus quilt... especially since this month's color is GREEN! Please remind me that I simply CAN NOT start another project (but I could add it to next year's wish list.)

gayle said...

Your pluses get more and more enticing - no wonder you can't stop adding to them! (Even as busy as the farm must be at this time of year!)
Love that little lamb! You can show as many pictures of her as you can take, as far as I'm concerned. 8)

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your plus blocks look wonderful in green! I think that is such a great idea for an RSC quilt because the variety of shades in all the different colors will make for such an interesting rainbow effect in the final layout. Looking forward to seeing all of your blocks together!

Nell's Quilts said...

The sheep are so adorable. What do you do with the wool? What an array of green squares just waiting for another project!

Peggyinno said...

Your pic of mama and baby lamb reminded me of my 'country cousins'! We always lived in town and we couldn't wait to visit the cousins when the 'babies' were born in the spring! Cute pic.

Cathy said...

What a sweet picture of Helga and Katie! Animals in almost any form can be such good companions. Your plus blocks are great, as usual. They will certainly make a fantastic quilt!

PaulaB quilts said...

Give Helga a hug from me. She looks like a new woman. And such a sweet baby. It's a good thing to take stock of what you have on hand, like the dull greens, so you can fill in the gaps. Keep up the good work!.

Pamela Arbour said...

Wow! You have a lot going on. Great job on sneaking in some green sewing along the way.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Completely with you on that "over-achiever" syndrome.

Deb A said...

I admit to having an obsession with making blocks...not so much in finishing quilts =) Those sheep look darling. Busy time on the farm... hope you get some relaxing sewing time in.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin