Saturday, May 28, 2016

A snippet of green...


this week I managed to sort through my green (3") squares, and make up a few blocks of a pleasing green combo for my granny square blocks. and then as an added bonus, I was able to sew 5 of them together. yay, me!
 
we have family visiting this week- my son and his wife, all the way from Washington state! and today we get more company- my other son, the Navy Corpsman stationed in Bronx, NY and my brother and family.
 
lots of family, absolutely no sewing. but I wouldn't have it any other way!
 

and in honor of Memorial Day, and my two sons who serve in the Navy and Army, (and will even be home for this holiday - together!)  I've hung out my quilty flag! I made this a few years ago; I really like it, but it's the only one I plan on making!
 
see what everyone else is doing over at RSC16.
 

14 comments:

Kat Scribner said...

You're granny squares are charming, but I really love the flag! I wouldn't do one of those twice either. LOL

Quiltdivajulie said...

Oh, DO enjoy your weekend with family -- how wonderful to have them all home!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Have a wonderful weekend with your family! That's the best, and your sewing will still be there when they go home!

Kathy's A Quilter said...

Your flag quilt is wonderful. Enjoy your time together this Memorial weekend.

Vicki said...

Your green granny squares are wonderful. And that flag quilt is fabulous!

PaulaB quilts said...

What a wonderful way to greet your sons and family with the flag quilt! Have a happy reunion.

The Joyful Quilter said...

LOVE the ripple effect in your Flag Quilt!! Congrats on getting 5 of your GREEN blocks sewn together. Another color is coming...SOON!!!

Ivani said...

Beautiful flag quilt for a celebration. Great green granny squares. Happy scrappy Saturday

Nell's Quilts said...

Enjoy the weekend with the boys. Lovely Granny blocks.

Angie said...

Wonderful quilty flag! I hope you have a fantastic weekend with your family!

scraphappy said...

Enjoy your holiday. What a perfect quilt for your celebration.

Kate said...

Very pretty Granny Square blocks. Enjoy the holiday with your family.

Kathy S. said...

Love your quilty flag!

Sandra Walker said...

That granny square quilt will be fabulous. As is your flag quilt wow! Great spot to hang in too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin