hubby worked late every night this week, so I feel like I got a lot done in the sewing room. 3 more brown granny squares started off the week.
I took the time to sort out all my white(ish) low volume squares, and made them into little piles of 7, for my low volume plus quilt. that way it's more certain that the fabrics will be mixed more evenly throughout the quilt. (I'm pretty picky about stuff like that- don't know why, as I'm probably the only person that would ever notice...)
here's the blue and brown row of my plus quilt. notice there are only 7 pluses in the browns, not 9 like the blues? well, there were only enough browns to do 7 blocks! can you believe it?! I couldn't scrounge up 10 more blocks to make 2 more pluses. I already knew my stash of brown was very, very low- but still... I'm sure before December i'll be able to find 10 more brown blocks...
you can also see my RSC15 sampler on the floor. I've gotten that back out, and plan to finish it into a flimsy this month. I was having trouble with the alternate blocks, until I figured out the pattern, and now it's going a bit more smoothly. I'm happy to see how nice it's looking as it comes together!
this is not a RSC project, just a leftover bits and squares from another quilt I made. I thought it was especially appropriate to finish it during the changeover of blue to brown.
linking up with Angela- go see what everyone else is creating!